Friday, April 21, 2006

Amor Incognito



















Let Me Tell You A Secret…

When The Fairies Whisper
Flying From Tree to Tree
Their Voices Are Heard
So Softly, Like A Breeze

One Day Long Ago…

One Such Fairy Told Me:- "You Know...
They Are Not Simple Whispers
But Lovers’ Shattered Dreams

And To Comfort Them
Of Such A Love Forlorn
The Fairies Sing
Their Magic Song"

And Yet, Here and Now
I Suffer In Silence
From This Love
That Bears No Name

Neither ‘Agape’ nor ‘Eros’,
‘Storge’ Or ‘Philia’
An Undeniable Tetra
'Sin Macula' Nor Shame

A Love So Pure,
So Vibrant
So Ephemerous
So Insecure

Of Two Bodies
Entwined, Conjoined
In A Romantic,
Inseparable Embrace

Oh, You Have Me
Addicted, Enchanted, Bewitched

And When Cupid Comes
Like A Gust Of Wind
Or A Sudden Summer Breeze
Sweeping Me Far Away

Carried By Your Charms
In The Turbulence
Of Those Arms

I Stare In Amazement
At This Raw, Savage, Virginal Beauty
About You

I See It Through
The Freckled Smoothness
Of Your Ivory Skin

In The Ocean Blue
Of Your Hungry Eyes
And Even Though
That Steely Azur
May Hide An Angelic
Innocence In Disguise

I Sense A Fire Burning Within
A Resolve So Strong, Passionate, Sublime
That The Furnace Beneath
Melts Away
Even The Coldest Of Hearts

My Cupid You Needed Not
Throw A Flaming Arrow
You Pierced My Heart
With An Enchanting Song

And If Ever
The Dream Is Shattered
And You Should Disappear Forever
Don’t Be Like The Others
That Never Said
Au Revoir Or Adieu
It Was Nice To Meet You

I’ll Be Glad Nonetheless
I’ll Remember The Time
You Came And You Went
Like A Summer Breeze

Ours Was Not A Love To Last
There Was Always Fresher Grass Afield

Now Tell Me
If You Had To Leave
And Break My Heart
Why Did You Not
Think or Feel Like

Saying Goodbye?


Sommer B. In't Veld © 2005

No comments: